FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS drops 6 places in 2010 Airline Quality Report
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:47 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Unhappy AS drops 6 places in 2010 Airline Quality Report

Every year Purdue and Wichita State complies an Airline Quality Report [AQR] and they use four data sets from the FAA [On time arrival performance, Involuntary Denied Boarding (IDB), mishandled luggages, and customer complaints].

The link to the report: 2010 Airline Quality Report

My synopsis pertaining to AS based on the report is in the third quote below...

Thoughts?

P.S. I do think highly of AS and am quite surprised to see AS's score drop... However, numbers do not lie, even though we wish they do sometimes

Originally Posted by golfingboy
American Eagle was dead last in a recent annual airline quality ranking:

http://downloads.aqr.aero/reports/2010aqr.pdf

The other 4 carriers in the bottom 5 was Delta, Comair, ASA, and Skywest... Not good.
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS dropped too... I was surprised
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yeah, I know... And what is more saddening is AS's AQR trend-line flat-lined this year while all other carriers had a positive trend-line. Not good. Also, their AQR score dropped compared to last year and they are the only carrier whose AQR score dropped. This is a statistical report not customer survey or hunch type of report, which means bias is at a minimum [the weight they determined for each of the 4 categories observed being the only factor that might have some bias].

The biggest killer for AS this year is IDB [which in fact is the sole reason that their AQR score dropped]... AS's IDB skyrocketed 322% compared to last year [0.63 to 2.03]...

I could get into details on the report, but I am already derailing the topic

Last edited by golfingboy; Apr 20, 2010 at 10:56 pm