FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April/May 2010 - Volcanic Activity in Iceland and Impact to United's Operations
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:56 am
JenGal

Programs: No Longer Anything
Originally Posted by hh1
I have just been told yes by the GS desk. I was offered a rebooking on Sunday in Y or Monday in C. I could either waitlist for C on Sunday, or get the refund if I took Y - not sure how much it'll be though!

Had to wait 7 mins for the GS line to be answered, after getting a busy signal several times - never had that before!

I was disappointed there was no proactive rebooking by United, but suppse there is little that can be done.
A little OT, but still related to UA's actions in times of signficant disruptions ... I wonder if the GS line gets extra staff on board to answer calls who may not quite be up to par with the normal reps manning the line. It seems based upon this and other posts, that the GS line isn't living up to expectations. This type of event is when it really should be shining for GSers.... (at least that's how I envision it from way down here in 1P land )

I just noticed this thread also, for you stranded folks: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...up-thread.html

Last edited by JenGal; Apr 17, 2010 at 9:09 am Reason: added thread link