FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:31 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by FD1971
saad, it is possible to compare Hyatt and Starwood's pricing per country in the US, because both play in the same leagues, offering AAA 3 and 4 Diamond, also limited service, properties. Outside of the US, it is almost impossible, because Hyatt plays in the Champions League only with full service 5* hotels, whereas Starwood franchises also limited service hotels and smaller hotels in markets in which Hyatt's strategy will not fit, therefore they did not go into those markets. If Hyatt decides to franchise Hyatt Place in India, it would surprise me, if they would be priced completely different than the aloft properties, which will open in a couple of months/years in various places ^

As pointed out numerous times, a combination of Hyatt, SPG and either Hilton or even better IC Hotels for very small markets is a perfect combination for the global traveler. In any case, a 2 for 1 promo without any limitations ( Hyatt does not demand a three night minimum stay for week day FFN redemption anymore...) is superior to a 3 for 1 weekend only promo, that excludes the Champions League properties.
i see your point but i'm not comparing a low end spg property like aloft to a high end hyatt....i'm comparing 5 star sheraton & le méridien properties with high end hyatt properties & there is a huge price difference....

the fact is that hyatt in the us has a good number of properties but outside the us they are very limited....so even though they have a great promo, it won't help if there aren't many properties to earn & redeem rewards at....

Last edited by Keyser; Apr 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm