Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:08 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Lightbulb PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19

Dear members,

I know there has been a lot of speculation and theories about SPG's Q2 promotion of late, and I'm excited to finally be able to announce what is planned! You're the first to get this information - SPG Free Weekends will kick off on May 1st and offer a Free Weekend Night Award for every eligible three stays through July 31, 2010 at any SPG property worldwide. There are no limits on the number of Awards you can earn. When you're ready to get away, you can use your Free Weekend Night Awards through December 19, 2010 at over 920 Category 1-6 hotels across all of our 9 brands -- like W, The Luxury Collection, and St Regis. And of course, there aren't any blackout dates on the Awards, and you can even combine them to use toward a long weekend or to extend a paid stay.

Go to spg.com/freeweekends(which will be put up in a few hours' time) to learn more about the promotion. We've included a full list of FAQ's. Registration will formally begin on May 1st.

Here is a simple summary I have prepared:
  • 1(One) Free Weekend Night award for every 3(Three) eligible stays.
  • Registration begins 1 May 2010 and ends 30 June 2010. Only 61 days, so do not miss the window.
  • Earning period begins 1 May 2010 and ends 31 July 2010.
  • Redemption period begins 7 May 2010 and ends 19 December 2010.
  • Awards are redeemable only at Participating properties from Categories 1 to 6.
  • Free Weekend nights refer to any Friday, Saturday or Sunday except for properties otherwise stated.

Finally, we are ready so fire away.

Thyetus Lee

/mod

Registration link: http://www.spgpromos.com/freeweekends/

Added May 3:

For every stay at Sheraton hotels in North America (United States, Canada and the Caribbean) from May 1 through July 31, 2010, you'll earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles.

www.spgpromos.com/aasheraton

/mod

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; May 9, 2010 at 9:58 am Reason: Repair link
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:12 am

Programs: ??????????
Glad to hear the announcement, but I'm a little bit disappointed by it. a 50% increase in requirements over last year.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
cool!
^^
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Thyetus, Thanks for posting !!

Better than nothing, but clearly inferior to Hyatt

Hyatt: 2 stays = 1 free night on all days of the week

SPG: 3 stays = 1 free night, limited to Friday, Saturday or Sunday
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I like the long redemption period.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Quite dissappointed to be fully honest....
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, SPG Plat, Radisson Gold, BA Silver HHonors Silver A Club, CSA Gold
And the SPG marketing team are happy to draw their salary for this? "I know, let's run exactly the same promotion as last year, just a little bit worse. Oh and while we are at it, best make it obviously less attractive than all our competitors' offerings"

The real kicker for me is in most of the European cities I travel to Starwood is the only real option, so we are stuck with each other. Sort of like marrying the prom queen then coming home to find she's had a pair of testicles grafted to her forehead.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by attorney28
I like the long redemption period.
Agree.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:31 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by EuroHannibal
Sort of like marrying the prom queen then coming home to find she's had a pair of testicles grafted to her forehead.
LMAO!!! I would hope you would notice that beforehand .

Thanks for the heads up Thyetus ^. Have to admit, it's not the greatest promotion, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Quite dissappointed to be fully honest....
Agree.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:33 am

Agree with those disappointed. Three night requirement means I'll simply be heading elsewhere unfortunately - will be using Hyatt and hope IHG also repeat last year's promo too.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pibrahim
Agree with those disappointed. Three night requirement means I'll simply be heading elsewhere unfortunately - will be using Hyatt and hope IHG also repeat last year's promo too.
3 nights or 3 stays?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Very cool promo!! As a HH Diamond member I wish we had similiar endless free nights avaliable to us!! Perhaps this will be the straw to push me to Starwood if only I didnt have to status match to get equal treatment!!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:53 am

[QUOTE=bulldoggolfer05;13782389
Thanks for the heads up Thyetus ^. Have to admit, it's not the greatest promotion, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.[/QUOTE]

+1
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Economy coming back = more business travel = less rich promotions. Get used to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.