FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:58 am
Shantanu

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by FD1971
It is still better than no free nights at all, however poorly marketed and communicated, because everyone can make a comparison to the promo last year and realize it is a light version this year.

Difficult to figure out the threshold for marketeers when people start making mattress runs or start switching stays, because of promos, but 2 for 1 at Hyatt is motivating me to re-plan certain trips, 3 for 1 at SPG will not make me switch too many stays and in some cities, SPG gets my business anyway, because Hyatt does not have properties there. I had a look at Hilton, but the redemption locations are not really fitting into my travel patterns. IC Hotels offers double points now, maybe a gift cert. on top, also not to exciting...
I find myself with nothing else left to say as I completely agree with your last three or four posts.