FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:43 am
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Shantanu
Yes, that one was a bit chalk and cheese. However, in India, I use the Hyatt and the ITC in Kolkata on similar dates all the time (I put up associates who I would rather not have in the same hotel). I generally make the booking at the same time for the cheapest room at both hotels.

Both hotels are pretty comparable too.

The next stay we have coming on the same nights has the Hyatt at INR 6,800 per night (including all taxes) whereas the ITC will be 9,000 per night (thus 9,900 with taxes), so, two stays at Hyatt will be very much cheaper than two stays at Starwood (for me, in this one particular city).

In London, however, it is difficult to compare Hyatt against Starwood. The Andaz and the Churchill come in at £375 and £300 per night, in two weeks time.....can you compare those against the Starwoods.....not really: LM Piccadilly to The Lanesborough come in at £233.83 and £440.63....the other Starwoods are priced in between those two. I don't think a fair comparison can be made.
That was exactly my point, always impossible to compare, but on average, two stays should be cheaper than three stays at comparable levels, however somebody originally claimed a Hyatt is always sooo expensive followed by another poster with a comparison between the majors and the minors.

On a sidenote, the Andaz in London can get very cheap on weekends, when the finance guys are out of town and the tourists arriving @ LSS are bypassing the property, because it is still ( around GBP 100/night ) too expensive for most of them. LM Piccadilly is generally almost twice as expensive and The Lanesborough is in another league than The Churchill, a former IC and solid 5* hotel, but nothing more.