FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: SPG Free Weekends 2010 earn thru July 31; redeem through Dec. 19
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:33 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Shantanu
Yes, that one was a bit chalk and cheese. However, in India, I use the Hyatt and the ITC in Kolkata on similar dates all the time (I put up associates who I would rather not have in the same hotel). I generally make the booking at the same time for the cheapest room at both hotels.

Both hotels are pretty comparable too.

The next stay we have coming on the same nights has the Hyatt at INR 6,800 per night (including all taxes) whereas the ITC will be 9,000 per night (thus 9,900 with taxes), so, two stays at Hyatt will be very much cheaper than two stays at Starwood (for me, in this one particular city).
i have 5 stays coming up in jaipur next month....they were all single day trips & i was earlier thinking of flying in the night before & paying inr 3,800 a night for staying at the sheraton rajputana....then i found an inr 2,000 day rate at the 4 points jaipur....this is perfect for me as now i would fly in early in the morning, finish my work & come back to delhi later that evening....

so for inr 10,000 i will have 5 spg stays....with hyatt no matter where in india i stay i'll end up paying close inr 7,000....i enquired about a day rate as well with hyatt in delhi....they quoted inr 7,200 all inclusive....