FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I ususally don't complain but...I'm ticked.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:26 am
ausstone

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta DM
Exclamation I usually don't complain but...I'm ticked--RESPONSE from US Air

Here is a letter I sent to Customer Relations a little bit ago. I'm pretty ticked...I've been loyal to US because of my family ties to it but I might be looking else where though. I also understand that I'm a young traveler...but age doesn't determine how successful you are. The agents were so rude to me! I've had better customer service calling the reservation centers than this. (There are probably grammar errors but I was typing w/ frustration...haha)

To Whom It May Concern:

To begin with, I am not one to complain but under the circumstances I believe I have the right to let US Airways know the events that happened less than two hours ago. I also understand that employees can sometimes act in their own interest and not the interest of the passenger.

I was originally scheduled to depart BNA at 2:25 PM on flight 2638 (to CLT) and continue on flight 2625 to DAB. I had some meetings and work come up where I needed to be in CLT this morning. I went to the airport to move up to an earlier flight1 and walked up the Dividend Miles Preferred check-in line. An employee asked me if I had checked in yet, and I replied, “No, I haven’t I need to move to an earlier flight.” She said, “There is a $50 move up fee if the plane has seats.” I replied, “I’m Silver.” She said, “Okay.” She then walked away. I was fine with this behavior because I understand that people get in lines that they don’t belong.

As I walked up to the counter, the same lady that had spoken to me before said, “What’s your conformation number?” I told her (**#&$ and that I need to be moved up to flight 1440 and flight 3299. She looked up my reservation and said, “Oh, your dividend miles number isn’t on the reservation.” Luckily, I had printed out my reservation and the dividend miles number is on the reservation. She then asked for my ID so I handed her my US passport. She worked on the computer and then said, “Okay, I have you on flight 1440 and flight 2937.” I said, “I’m sorry, I said I wanted to move to 1440 and 3299.” She said, “Oh, I can’t do that.” I replied, “Why? I have status. Isn’t that the point of gaining status?” “Yes, you can move up to an earlier flight for free…the fee is just waived” she replied. I said, “Okay, what’s the problem?” She replied, “Well, I can’t change separate the flights into two different flights.”

She asked another lady over to help her with the problem. The other lady, Lori, if I remember correctly was very rude. She whispered quietly behind the agents back so I could not hear. The lady working with me told the other girl, “I already have” (asking if she checked to see if my dad matched my account number). The lady then went to the computer beside of the agent working with me and looked at the computer. She said, without looking at me, “Do you and your dad have the same name?” I said, “No, we do not.” I was accused of using my father’s dividend account. I also knew that my dividend miles number was on my reservation because I spoke to the reservations calling center about this particular reservation. I’m sure that this was just test to see if the account number really belonged to me. The people behind me were looking and I was quite embarrassed. To cut to the end, I told the agent to book me on 1440 and leave my departing flight from CLT alone (flt 2625). As I walked away, the two agents were conversing about me.

I understand that I, a successful twenty year old might not look like a frequent flier but not only do I have travel for business, I also travel a lot to meet my parents wherever they might be in the United States. I do not appreciate the snide remarks about if I’m really Silver Preferred. If a passport isn’t good enough verification then I’ll bring my birth certificate next time…to prove my father’s name isn’t William. Honestly, I have always been loyal to US Airways but under this situation I have considered looking for other airlines. I am flying to Paris, France in June and I hope to not have to issues. I would appreciate a timely and appropriate response.

Last edited by ausstone; Apr 16, 2010 at 10:53 am