I ususally don't complain but...I'm ticked.

Old Apr 16, 10, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta DM
Exclamation I usually don't complain but...I'm ticked--RESPONSE from US Air

Here is a letter I sent to Customer Relations a little bit ago. I'm pretty ticked...I've been loyal to US because of my family ties to it but I might be looking else where though. I also understand that I'm a young traveler...but age doesn't determine how successful you are. The agents were so rude to me! I've had better customer service calling the reservation centers than this. (There are probably grammar errors but I was typing w/ frustration...haha)

To Whom It May Concern:

To begin with, I am not one to complain but under the circumstances I believe I have the right to let US Airways know the events that happened less than two hours ago. I also understand that employees can sometimes act in their own interest and not the interest of the passenger.

I was originally scheduled to depart BNA at 2:25 PM on flight 2638 (to CLT) and continue on flight 2625 to DAB. I had some meetings and work come up where I needed to be in CLT this morning. I went to the airport to move up to an earlier flight1 and walked up the Dividend Miles Preferred check-in line. An employee asked me if I had checked in yet, and I replied, “No, I haven’t I need to move to an earlier flight.” She said, “There is a $50 move up fee if the plane has seats.” I replied, “I’m Silver.” She said, “Okay.” She then walked away. I was fine with this behavior because I understand that people get in lines that they don’t belong.

As I walked up to the counter, the same lady that had spoken to me before said, “What’s your conformation number?” I told her (**#&$ and that I need to be moved up to flight 1440 and flight 3299. She looked up my reservation and said, “Oh, your dividend miles number isn’t on the reservation.” Luckily, I had printed out my reservation and the dividend miles number is on the reservation. She then asked for my ID so I handed her my US passport. She worked on the computer and then said, “Okay, I have you on flight 1440 and flight 2937.” I said, “I’m sorry, I said I wanted to move to 1440 and 3299.” She said, “Oh, I can’t do that.” I replied, “Why? I have status. Isn’t that the point of gaining status?” “Yes, you can move up to an earlier flight for free…the fee is just waived” she replied. I said, “Okay, what’s the problem?” She replied, “Well, I can’t change separate the flights into two different flights.”

She asked another lady over to help her with the problem. The other lady, Lori, if I remember correctly was very rude. She whispered quietly behind the agents back so I could not hear. The lady working with me told the other girl, “I already have” (asking if she checked to see if my dad matched my account number). The lady then went to the computer beside of the agent working with me and looked at the computer. She said, without looking at me, “Do you and your dad have the same name?” I said, “No, we do not.” I was accused of using my father’s dividend account. I also knew that my dividend miles number was on my reservation because I spoke to the reservations calling center about this particular reservation. I’m sure that this was just test to see if the account number really belonged to me. The people behind me were looking and I was quite embarrassed. To cut to the end, I told the agent to book me on 1440 and leave my departing flight from CLT alone (flt 2625). As I walked away, the two agents were conversing about me.

I understand that I, a successful twenty year old might not look like a frequent flier but not only do I have travel for business, I also travel a lot to meet my parents wherever they might be in the United States. I do not appreciate the snide remarks about if I’m really Silver Preferred. If a passport isn’t good enough verification then I’ll bring my birth certificate next time…to prove my father’s name isn’t William. Honestly, I have always been loyal to US Airways but under this situation I have considered looking for other airlines. I am flying to Paris, France in June and I hope to not have to issues. I would appreciate a timely and appropriate response.

Last edited by ausstone; Apr 16, 10 at 11:53 am
Old Apr 16, 10, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Life Plat
I hope that US gets back to you and provides some additional training for those employees. Unfortunately with a business with the size and scope of an airline, you're going to run into a few people who don't have the training or the attitude that they should.

The back-handed accusatory questioning can be rather annoying, eh? Recently when boarding a flight to LGW, the FA at the door asked which seat I had and I replied "4A". Her response was "I think that seat is already taken. Can I see your boarding pass?" which I expect really meant "I don't believe a younger-looking, casually dressed guy traveling alone really has a seat in Envoy. Prove it."
Old Apr 16, 10, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Ti & Ambassador, UA Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Select Plus, Uber Diamond
That's pretty ridiculous. I'm 24 and platinum and I've gotten some comments using the FC check-in at PHL. "This is for Preferred and First Class ONLY..." "well I guess I'm in the right place." Even when they don't say anything, you can tell they're looking down their nose at you.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:24 am

Programs: GS - CK
EMAIL your letter to Miss Eberwein, head of people & communications in Tempe. You can find her email address on google, however US Airways uses a first-dot-last naming convention.

If you don't get a response, keep emailing and ask her to ACT ON IT and not toss it in the garbage (it works). If direct email doesn't work, friend her on FB & Twitter: She is active and easy to find on both. She has Doug Parker's ear.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I just e-mailed it to her.

Originally Posted by Phrequent View Post
EMAIL your letter to Miss Eberwein, head of people & communications in Tempe. You can find her email address on google, however US Airways uses a first-dot-last naming convention.

If you don't get a response, keep emailing and ask her to ACT ON IT and not toss it in the garbage (it works). If direct email doesn't work, friend her on FB & Twitter: She is active and easy to find on both. She has Doug Parker's ear.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:38 am
Original Poster

CLT Club C people are the best. An employee booked me on 3299 which is the flight I wanted to move up to this morning at BNA. Gezz, it took like 3 seconds too. ^
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:39 am
Suspended

My son is 2 and he's silver. He's never been voir dired about his status.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:41 am
Original Poster

I'm sure he doesn't travel alone either...but that's awesome!

Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
Old Apr 16, 10, 10:03 am

Is he the E-Trade baby???
Old Apr 16, 10, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Funny, my son is 2 and SP also.... He might make GP this year.
Old Apr 16, 10, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Response from US Airways

This came 4 hours after I sent it...that was pretty quick. But is this good enough?

---

Dear Mr. S:

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at US Airways regarding your travel from Nashville. I regret your experience with our airline was not satisfactory and appreciate that you have taken the time to bring this incident to our attention.

Contrary to the behavior you witnessed, our airport representatives are trained to be sensitive and attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers. Given your description, this employee’s actions were not reflective of our commitment to providing quality customer care. It is very important we create a positive, lasting impression with our customers.

Because this is a Human Resources issue and Human Resource issues are private and confidential in nature, we will not be advised of the outcome of this incident. Your comments are important to us.

Mr. St, we appreciate your loyalty. Feedback such as yours affords us the opportunity to learn where and how we can improve our service not only to meet our customers’ expectations, but to exceed those expectations. Given the privilege of serving you again on US Airways, we look forward to providing you with a more satisfying experience.

Sincerely,

$$$$$
Representative, Customer Relations
US Airways Corporate Office
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:30 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I love having younger FF's in FC. I'm as tired of all the entitled old farts in FC as they are with the old, entitled fart F/A's working it. lol
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:58 pm

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Let me start off by saying that I love being a 26-year-old Chairman's. I've been Chairman's since I was 22, and find the expression of some passengers priceless when they see me sitting in First, someone in jeans and a t-shirt. What makes it even better is that I travel purely for leisure.

I recently traveled from PSP-TPA, on the flight from PHX-CLT the flight attendant was extremely rude. I noticed this when I asked her for a Glenlivet with Club Soda for both my best friend and I. I deeply regret not asking her why she made a face when I asked for the drinks, she made this weird face.

I would've been livid had I been asked if my father and I have the same name or if I was using the correct DMA.

It really sucks that you can't eat these incompetent fools alive for their stupidity.

If American Airlines ran their Advantage Program like the DM circus I would love to be an Executive Platinum.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:35 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
[QUOTE=vmrfsps;13784922]Let me start off by saying that I love being a 26-year-old Chairman's.

Me too! Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) most of my travel is for business, and I'm certainly no stranger to the weird looks and blank stares when I ask someone to step out so I can get into my FC window seat. By now though, I know so many flight attendants and club representatives personally, that those looks rarely come from US staff. On my flight Sunday, I flew with one of my absolute favorite US flight attendants. As we were deplaning, she gave me 2 bags of stuff and a big hug. One bag had a bottle of wine in it, and the other had a bunch of snacks from the basket. (Love her!) Now, that got me some weird looks. It's ok...they were all just jealous!
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Life Plat
[QUOTE=USFlyer26;13785147]
Originally Posted by vmrfsps View Post
Let me start off by saying that I love being a 26-year-old Chairman's.

Me too! Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) most of my travel is for business, and I'm certainly no stranger to the weird looks and blank stares when I ask someone to step out so I can get into my FC window seat. By now though, I know so many flight attendants and club representatives personally, that those looks rarely come from US staff. On my flight Sunday, I flew with one of my absolute favorite US flight attendants. As we were deplaning, she gave me 2 bags of stuff and a big hug. One bag had a bottle of wine in it, and the other had a bunch of snacks from the basket. (Love her!) Now, that got me some weird looks. It's ok...they were all just jealous!
It's great to hear that story USF26 (even if I'd be jealous too!). That also really underscores why I like flying US -- while there are occasional problems and surly employees, they also have some of the best people working for them too. FAs, reservations, club staff, check-in reps... I've been helped by a lot of great people at US.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: