FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal entertainment devices (PED) on Hawaii 763 (HNL, OGG)? (consolidated)
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:59 am
davesam12

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
The Plane's the thing

Originally Posted by bniu
the fact that AA has intl equipment to HNL out of DFW and ORD is a big reason why I prefer AA over UA and the fact that it's actually quite easy to redeem AA miles keeps me around.
Ditto. We fly AA to HNL and OGG because they keep the 763's on the route from DFW and ORD. The pitch and lie flat seats ---That's the draw for us. We want the points also and use points when we can for an award tix, but certainly often have to $$ the F/J fare also. So, I know the whole plane can't be non-rev. Surely some runs make a profit??? It's always been a low revenue route. Imagine it is for most airlines? IFE to Hawaii? Yeah, we have moaned about that since they rolled out the new 763 cabins -- and it has been discussed here a lot. They are just not gonna load IFE for that trip even at 8+ hours. We give up! lol. So, we bring our own or just watch the overhead flicks. The food and service. Well, again it will never be the same as International Flagship Service. But, imho -- and from some who has flown this route in F/J for several years now. The food and service has improved the last couple years. And so much depends on the crew working up front -- they make or break an 8 hour flight experience. So, if AA ever takes the 763 off the route -- we might check out a competitor - but until then it's AA all the way. . .