FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:14 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by smat
I'm staying her now for 3 nights. If it wasn't for the triple points promotion that's going on, I would have moved to the Westin next door!

A few "cons":
Hotel is not very close to BWI, and don't set your GPS from the Rental Car lot, it takes you through a forest and some "iffy" areas to get you to the hotel......you'll swear you're lost!

At check-in, clerk didn't ask what Platinum ammenity I wanted. Also announced loudly that I was on the 6th floor, when there were people standing very close behind me.....hate that, gives me the creeps when they announce where you're staying.

Room: 2 very large beetles climbing the walls....
No bathtub.....only a shower

Room Service: Limited, non-healthy food menu. And, they called me back to say they didn't have any CHARDONNAY, only White Zinfandel. You've got to be kidding me!!!????? How does a bar/resturaunt run out of Chardonnay? Unforgiveable..........

General Impression: No wonder there were bugs in my room, when I came back today there were stacks of room service trays from breakfast, dinner last night and gawd knows when stacked in the hallway. Clearly the maids had removed them from the rooms, but no one else had bothered to come up and retrieve them.

Internet service......it was spotty yesterday, and a little better today.

I am a loyal Platinum, but this hotel just seems to be barely scrapping by. More like a "good" 4 Points than a Sheraton.
When I read your review on Tripadvisor I thought all your comments were ridiculous except announcing what floor you would be on and the part about the beetles -- and I still do.

Fortunately, you are in the distinct minority when it comes to this hotel both here and on Tripadvisor.