FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations between CDG and La Defense
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:07 am
N227UA

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by alc
My wife and I along with a 3 year old will be in Paris in May. We will be staying at the Hilton La Defense. We have stay at this hotel in the past and always been using the RER to La Defense. But 2 years ago on our way back to the Airport, there were some train problem and stop at a station for over 30 min. Result is that we missed our Check-In time and have to pay $100 per person to change to the flight next day + an extra Hotel night. Since I have discover the wonderful of FlyerTalk and hence I was wondering if the group here have other recommendations for us travelling between CDG and La Defense - i.e. Shuttle Bus, Taxi, etc... One thing we never did like was a long walk from CDG T2 to the RER station. We will most likely going to have 1 Large (28"), 2 Small (20"), Stroller, a few small bags, and a Car Seat. (we are not renting in Paris, but we will at other cities after Paris)

Thanks in advance,

alc

Take a taxi or the hotel's courtesy shuttle to Charles de Gaulle - Etoile, and catch a Air France's Les Cars to the airport. You can use Metro or RER to Charles de Gaulle - Etoile, but you know you won't want to do it with that many bags.

Since there are three people in your party, you might also want to consider taking taxi all the way to the airport. I think it will not cost more than EUR60 from La Defense to CDG, but I am not sure. Wonder if AF's bus offers child discount.

BTW, $100 was not too bad for changing the flight next day. Once my dad had to pay either EUR200 or USD200 for this at CDG after he missed his flight due to RER mishap.

Last edited by N227UA; Apr 14, 2010 at 4:16 am