FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Amenity on Self Check-In
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:44 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Hey experienced Diamond GP folks!

I'm new to Diamond, and therefore the welcome amenity on checkin. If you use the self-checkin monitors, do you find that you still receive the 1000/500 point amenity? Or do you have to ask a person at the front desk to post it?
When I checked into the HR Santa Clara tonight, I tried to use the machine, and it offered me a bunch of amenity options, but none of them was points. The agent (who was on the phone when I arrived, which is why I used the machine) saw my puzzled look and came over. I asked how I could choose the points, and he said he'd check me in at his computer. He then mentioned that they didn't have those amenities listed by the machine anyway

At the HP I stayed at last night, the machine didn't offer any amenity choice, but the agent told me this morning that it had been added to my account.

Bonus question: any difference between when you choose points vs. miles?
Thanks!
The amenity is independent of whether you choose miles or points, if that's what you're asking. In other words, you get 500/1000 GP points + points or miles for the stay (assuming non-award/FFN).