Diamond Amenity on Self Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Diamond Amenity on Self Check-In

Hey experienced Diamond GP folks!

I'm new to Diamond, and therefore the welcome amenity on checkin. If you use the self-checkin monitors, do you find that you still receive the 1000/500 point amenity? Or do you have to ask a person at the front desk to post it?

Bonus question: any difference between when you choose points vs. miles?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Hey experienced Diamond GP folks!

I'm new to Diamond, and therefore the welcome amenity on checkin. If you use the self-checkin monitors, do you find that you still receive the 1000/500 point amenity? Or do you have to ask a person at the front desk to post it?
When I checked into the HR Santa Clara tonight, I tried to use the machine, and it offered me a bunch of amenity options, but none of them was points. The agent (who was on the phone when I arrived, which is why I used the machine) saw my puzzled look and came over. I asked how I could choose the points, and he said he'd check me in at his computer. He then mentioned that they didn't have those amenities listed by the machine anyway

At the HP I stayed at last night, the machine didn't offer any amenity choice, but the agent told me this morning that it had been added to my account.

Bonus question: any difference between when you choose points vs. miles?
Thanks!
The amenity is independent of whether you choose miles or points, if that's what you're asking. In other words, you get 500/1000 GP points + points or miles for the stay (assuming non-award/FFN).
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
The kiosk at the Hyatt Regency Austin does not offer the points amenity option. The other day I received an email from a property manager asking for any feedback I had on a recent stay, so I mentioned this problem. I received a response the next day in which the manager mentioned she was not aware of this issue, and she was going to contact the vendor in charge of programming the kiosk in order to get the issue rectified immediately.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Not only the points amenity is not offered at kiosks neither are the breakfast certs for properties that issue breakfast certs for diamonds - as such as far as I'm concerned these kiosks are kind of worthless for diamonds.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Not only the points amenity is not offered at kiosks neither are the breakfast certs for properties that issue breakfast certs for diamonds - as such as far as I'm concerned these kiosks are kind of worthless for diamonds.
I'm pretty sure I've seen the Diamond Amenity pts listed as an option at SEVERAL of the check-in kiosks I've used at various hotels. Maybe they have removed this option recently as I'll admit it's been 6 months or so since I've used a check-in kiosk.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
Had same issue at MCO airport Hyatt -- no amenity or breakfast certs from machine check-in. I used it because there was a long line of people checking in and just selected a random amenity, then called down to the desk to change it to points. Later I went to the desk to get my breakfast cert.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:55 pm

It seems that for that one needs to go to front desk.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by best
It seems that for that one needs to go to front desk.
Which, quite frankly, defeats the purpose for having those machines in the first place (for me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.