FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First trip to Asia,Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:53 pm
vuittonsofstyle

Originally Posted by Braniff
During your stay, I would suggest staying on Hong Kong Island on weekdays and in Kowloon on weekends. Hong Kong Island is dead on weekends but bustles incredibly on weekdays.

I would avoid the Four Seasons in HK like the plague. It's a generic hotel that could equally be anywhere in the USA --- absolutely no character. Service there is also seriously lacking. I'd highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental instead.

On Kowloon, I would echo the recommendation for the Intercontinental Hotel. Absolutely stunning views. The Peninsula is a train station filled with tourists.
Ohhh! I cannot disagree more, Braniff. Yes, good idea about staying on HK Island during the week and Kowloon at weekend, but to say that FS HK could be anywhere and that service is seriously lacking? Sounds as though we stay in different hotels!

As for The Pen, the lobby certain buzzes with people, but it is hardly a train station and service, food and accommodation here is excellent.

My experience of the InterCon, post Regent, has been dreadful - very poor, arrogant service. I am also not taken with MO these days since they got rid of the balconies.

The views from FS HK are spectacular, unlike at MO.