FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:35 pm
remedy

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Conffessions of a gate louse

Originally Posted by Himmelhund
Not one of you have ever been even a little bit of gate louse (is that the proper term?). Well I admit sometimes I have been, long days and you know what: I am very sick and tired of having folks carry what looks like two weeks worth of 'small' bags on to BE on long haul flights leaving little room for when one goes on last....you know who you are, some of you are writing on this thread--you know those of you trying hard not to be one of the lice as it were. But then when said person gets on last, walking confidently with his/her BE and newly minted stamped "DM" boarding pass and finds no place, I mean no place, to put there many bags....ohhh can you say "Do You Know Who I Am?" Saw this just the other day..... Sooo the lesson is sometimes being gate louse can work in your favor.
OK, I admit it - I am a gate louse. I usually select seat 1 A (except 2 D on the former NW 757-200) and want the overhead space, since there is no space under a non-existent seat in the bulkhead. I try to be subtle, watching carefully for the migration, but try to stand in a strategic place so I can make my move quietly and as unobtrusively as possible when it starts. It IS amusing to watch the dance. It is kind of fun to see folks that should not board early get busted when it happens. They are good at this in PHX.