FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:06 pm
Wireless

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by WBurcham
HAHAH Don't hate on franzia though.
dislike. who ARE you?

My better half tried to talk me out of using the F line at JFK yesterday "because the Y line wasn't that long".
"better"? time to trade in or let 'em fly Southwest next time.

Originally Posted by mersk862
The sad thing is that those gate lice are 1Ks and up - meaning they fly enough that they shouldn't be rookies. Must be something funny they're serving in the UA coffee to keep them thinking that way
Sounds just like Wireless. When we were at SFO, I had to kick him to keep him from blocking the plush carpet. He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.
First off, I don't stand right in the edge of the red carpet. I hold back and when boarding starts, sigh loudly as I weave around lowly Premiers. It's like a duty free gauntlet but the product moves. They don't own the airline, I do. UA makes millions charging for checked bags, overhead space is a premium and my bag is NOT getting gate checked.

Then again, they don't have free booze in the RCC's so I understand.
Hey, we get free booze sometimes. It might take some fighting with Frau Krumm (sent on loan to United from Lufthansa for her special gruff customer service skills) the lounge dragon/matron, but we can prevail. We're used to demanding compensation.