FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2,385 Nutri Gain Twists To Go!
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2001, 1:09 pm
FlyingHammy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
Ok, FlyingHammy, how many more do you have to go now? We want a report.

For me, the sale is over and we had a party this week so I was busy with other things. Just wondering about how you did.
</font>
My heart sank when I called Costco last Wednesday and was informed that someone had took ALL the cases from the two Costcos I was counting on getting more. So I asked where I can get more at the sale price. Apparently none is left in N. Cal. L.A. has a different sale price as it's a different region. BUT, there were two Costcos in the San Diego region that each has 250+ cases left. I had to make a quick decision, as I just know they'd be gone if I waited any longer to get them.

I went to work on Thursday, and asked my boss for a day off on Friday. It was short noticed but he approved the day off. I booked a one way ticket to San Diego for Friday, 6:25am. Booked a rental car and hotel as well.

On Friday, woke up at 5:30am (never woke up this early for work!) Went to San Diego. Drove the rental car to 130 miles east of San Diego, and found out why these Twists are still left -- it's in the middel of nowhere, I mean desert. Contacted the local food bank, and they picked up the 320 cases there. Three other workers and I opened the cases, emptied the boxes, and flatten them for me to take home. We worked in 100 degrees of heat...

By the time we finished it was around 2:30pm. The food bank closes in one hour. The other Costco that I was supposed to pick up my cases had sold ALL the cases since Wednesday - someone else beat me to them. I learned that there was 200+ cases about 90 miles north, and asked the food bank if they'd be willing to go there. The director wanted the donation, so we drove 90 miles to pick up the cases, and got back to the food bank around 6:30pm. He got his wife and four kids to help unload the bars, and we were done in one and a half hour. By the time I got back to my hotel in San Diego it was past 10pm and I was exhausted. But I got 2,400+ of the 100 mile certs in my car. The next day I got up around 7am to return my rental car and got a truck to drive up to the Bay area.

Now that the roadtrip is over, I can say I'll never do this again!

------------------
WooHoo!

[This message has been edited by FlyingHammy (edited 07-16-2001).]