FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delays at JFK starting March 1 due to runway closure
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:28 am
JetBlueFA

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Actually AA is reducing their summer schedule at JFK during the construction. The carriers were all forced to do so by the FAA.

Normally carriers would be ramping up service at the end of March for their summer schedules. They will not be permitted to do so this year until the construction is complete. Carriers are pretty much forced to operate on their winter schedules throughout the period and those schedules are lighter than the summer ones.

I do have a flight out of JFK on B6 late Friday night and I'm looking forward to some quality time in T5 waiting out the delay.
Oh! I wasn't aware that American was reducing their schedule too. Thanks for the info! I heard somewhere they they weren't reducing but they weren't adding either but it's nice to see everybody is doing their part to help reduce delays during the reconstruction. Most of my flights through JFK, this month at least, are during the morning periods so I'm not too concerned. I'm going to enjoy my Nassau layovers