FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Old 763's on YVR-HNL route
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:42 am
YWG-RO

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Originally Posted by LeSabre74
Note to lurkers: the cost in damage to your brand promise from these junkers is far higher than what you think you are "saving".

I wonder how much money was thrown by AC into Olympic sponsorship? A far better ROI would have come from keeping your existing customers happy.
Well put. I am already looking at travel for next January to OGG, and the non-XM 763s are serving YVR and YYC-OGG according to AC website. Hopefully this will change, but I'm certainly not going to spend the extra $$$ or an UG cert to sit in J (Y+). I might even consider WS!

It appears that UAL offers a "slightly" better product through ORD or DEN. Unfortunately, Continental (thru IAH) is a bit out of the way (nice product), and DL isn't anything like what NWA once was to HI.

Come on AC, put these non-XM 763s on your charter routes to Mexico and the Carib destinations (and / or give away "Y+" to your SE/E). $1500 OW for J (Y+) on a non-XM 763 to OGG is crazy. You've raised the bar with your domestic and int'l product, consistency is key.