FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 months with $6k? Where to go...
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:22 am
secretbunnyboy

Programs: just above cargo
Ukraine is not totally alien territory to me - and frankly I can't imagine staying longer than two weeks there unless one was particularly interested in drinking and whoring (both of which are cheap, easily available and not of particular interest to me) or hiking/outdoorsy stuff (which you really need a group, or at least buddies, for, right or wrong?). However, the weather would be a nice temperature - warmish but not sticky. I don't know whether outdoor tables for cafes would be out or not. Probably yes.

I was just talking to someone today about Latin America generally and I have not come across anyone who hasn't been to Argentina and loved it. I understand (maybe wrongly) that it's pretty cheap, too. And of course it, and its neighbors, have beaches as well as mountains in abundance. If you speak English, then you can probably guess the meaning of basic written Spanish, so that's a help for getting around. But it might be the wrong season, and I have to admit I have never been there, so...

If it weren't World Cup season, I'd also suggest Southern Africa.