FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any idea when we'll know if there's going to be a strike?
Old Jun 20, 2001, 9:36 pm
syedk1

I agree, Im traveling on July 2nd and NERVOUS, but from talking to AA customer service, they have said it themselves that President Bush will step in and not allow a strike to go through.
IM HOPING AND PRAYING PEOPLE! WONT U JOIN ME IN MY PRAYERS?!?!?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by dfwman:
AA bookings strong despite strike deadline.

June 20 | Wall Street Journal

Contract talks have been rancorous, negotiators are millions of dollars apart and flight attendants at American Airlines say they could be headed for a strike on July 1, disrupting holiday travel for millions of Americans.

Yet even with the strike deadline only 11 days away, travel agents say customers continue to make reservations on American. Cruise lines -- big buyers of seats into American's Miami and San Juan hubs -- are still booking flights. Even the union, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, seems languid about a strike, with sparse turnout at demonstrations.

The reason: Everyone thinks President Bush will intervene. "After talking to American, other airlines and other cruise lines, we just don't think there will be a strike," says an official at one cruise line. "It's not going to happen."

Full text: http://interactive.wsj.com/articles/...2660729284.htm (Requires registration)
</font>