FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO-Heathrow-EWR
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:07 am
Legend717

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Yup, yup... and more info

Originally Posted by canada625
Thanks for the help...so just to clarify...i am on the 1:35pm from FCO to Heathrow on a British Airways jet (booked through continental.com) then I go from Heathrow to EWR on a Continental 752...not looking forward to the change in London!!!
We understood that.
I am considering booking a similar itinerary, except LHR-IAH vis a vis your LHR-EWR.
I have this to say about that:
BA will put you into terminal 5, which is near the T1/2/3 complex, but nowhere near the T4 building. You'll take an underground train, or a cab if you like. Or, simply ask when you get there- I'm sure a gate agent will have better info than I do on that one- I've never had to make that particular trek while I was at Heath Row.
As far as 757's across the pond, I will summarize the multiple gigabytes of conversation on the topic (and readily accessible to yourself via the 'search' tool) by saying this: you will be equally as miserable going across the ocean in a 757 as you would a 777.
Yes, the 777 is a much wider airplane, but unless your kiester is eighteen feet across, or you have some sort of amazing deal with the airline, you'lll be limited to the same 17 inch width as you would on ANY OTHER AIRPLANE.

Enough said.