FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MyMulti tickets
Thread: MyMulti tickets
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:14 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
As a tourist outsider observing the SYD transit system, it is a shambles in some respects, primarily due to the over reliance on buses; in other respects it is great. Even the buses make for very scenic tourist travel on some routes (those windy residential routes to the eastern beaches). They really need to get low-pollution technology of some sort (maybe hybrid buses, or at least LNG ones), and ban cars from a few key roads. Of course that will be tremendously popular

Quite a contrast to Melbourne which has a much better transit system; took me a while to realize that what makes it work are the trams, and the street life that the trams promote. Great study of the difference that trams make, in what would otherwise be quite similar cities (both have natural barriers that transit has to overcome, also the train network seems to be twice the density in Melbourne than in Sydney).

Also, isn't MEL introducing Myki (a stored value card like Octopus in HKG)? I guess this is in no way related to the MyMulti etc. tickets, except for the My name similarity.