FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Why is there more upgrade space on YWG-YVR flight vs YOW-YWG fligtht - Feb 11.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:31 am
jjclancy

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My point being, that taking account the Olympics tomorrow - the YWG-YVR flight would have a higher demand for the business class cabin, compared to the YOW-YWG flight. I believe I am right - the YWG-YVR is all zeroed out in terms of business class (as of 1 minute ago); the YOW-YWG flight shows J2C1D1Z1R1 as of 1 minute ago.

Perhaps, the second flight usually tends to have a lower demand for business class seats than the first flight - as you have implied above. However, as tomorrow is the first day of the Olympics, I am not suprised that the incoming flight to YVR would have all business class seats all taken - by people with revenue or upgraded tickets (and perhaps award tickets as well).

But I guess that you are saying that a different route controller likely managed each of the 2 flights; it was each's call as to how to individually assign "R" space - perhaps if one route controller had dealt with both flights, the "R" space would have been assigned differently.
FGII - you won't succeed at getting Andrew or anyone else to explain their inventory management algorithms. You can bet AC has far more (relevant, actionable) information on demand than you ever will. You're second-guessing their decisions based on the faint shadow of information that is the public seat availability?