FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive Lap Child Discussion
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:36 am
bassi1973

Programs: DL DM or PM
Originally Posted by JSteele
You found four saver tickets on one flight! Congratulations, good call. Unless that flight is full, you might be able to get an open seat for your lap child, just make sure to place two of your party with a middle seat in between.

As for valuation, 1.1 is good, but people can occasionally get higher, for premium or international travel. The real score is getting 4 seats on one flight for only 100k.

Wow, I never realized how many people think that $282 is pocket change best thrown at Delta to avoid having to hold your infant for a 2 hr. flight. While the exact age wasn't mentioned by the OP, there is little point in having a seat for a newborn who can't really use it, except perhaps w/ a car seat. With four in your party, that makes it even easier, as presumably at least one will be be able to help.

Finally, I know FTers scan a lot of posts real quick, but come on, a little reading comprehension here. OP clearly said the seats would have been $282 EACH, and that he/she shelled 100K for the TICKETS. I can't believe so many who responded thought it could have been $282 for four tickets, or 100k per ticket

1. When does DL offer flights like that for $70 each?
2. When would DL offer domestic seats for 100k?, and don't say in F because we know there is no $282 seats in F.
I did evaluate the lap child situation carefully, and my assessment is that my son will be too young and restless to sit on his own with only the waist seatbelt, and too tall to sit on his car seat in coach without kicking the seat in from of him, so a ticket for him wouldn't be money well spent