FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta may shut Cincinnati crew base, shift flying
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:03 pm
apados

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by N522US
Only the 767-ER pilots are being displaced; the pilot base remains open. There are still domestic pilots based in CVG for the 737 and/or the MD88 and at this time there are no plans to move those pilots.

With SEA gaining two new Asia routes this summer and CVG staying with just the one daily 763 to CDG it makes sense for this move. However the other side is the SEA base will likely lose the A330 from the NW era and pilots will have to transition to the 763.
I know a lot of pilots who are "based" out of certain cities don't actually live there, but fly to their "base" cities and then go from there.

I am hoping they are just be re-"based" on the west coast and that they would still be able to fly their 763's.....

Its also sad to hear that they're reducing CVG more. I've spent a lot of time in CVG and its got a pretty room SkyClub and doesn't seem to have much in the way of delays. The DL terminal is quite roomy and nice as well.