FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confusing Upgrade Experience (Mobile Check-in –> Airport Upgrade List)
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:25 pm
FertilityDoc

Programs: AA Advantage Starwood
Question Confusing Upgrade Experience (Mobile Check-in –> Airport Upgrade List)

I recently had a confusing upgrade experience. I have humble gold status but seem to get upgraded 90% of the time.

This past weekend I checked in at the 24 hour mark as per my usual. I sometimes do not have internet access on the return so I had to check in on my blackberry. In the past there was a drop down menu confirming that an upgrade is still being requested. That seems to have disappeared recently. Still it seems the upgrade request goes through. When I reached the airport MCO I printed my boarding pass and again requested the upgrade at the kiosk. Just after this I received an email upgrading me on the second leg of my trip.

When I reached the gate, the monitor had no one listed on the upgrade list. I spoke to the GA, she took my information and magically my name was on the list after a few keystrokes.

Has anyone had problems checking in via a blackberry browser? Why was my name not on an upgrade list despite checking in 24 hours in advance and confirming the request at the kiosk

I finally was upgraded but had to wait till the plane was at least half boarded.

Thanks for any insight.