FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Additional 6 nights in Argentina...what to see / do?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:13 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Additional 6 nights in Argentina...what to see / do?

Hope some of the regulars can help me... I arrive in BA in early March (5 weeks' time), and had planned to go to the Scared Valley and Machu Picchu in Peru the next day for 6 nights (everything booked!!) before returning to BA for a further 5 nights (and to attend a conference). Between attending the conference, and sightseeing in BA, I thought that would take up all my time in BA, perhaps with some time to do a side trip to Colonia in Uruguay.

unfortunately, the recent floods in MP / Cusco have destroyed the access to MP (http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/406075/...-varios-aludes), and I can't see the railway being repaired in the 5 weeks before we arrive.

So I'm thinking of cancelling the Peru leg (leave it for another time) and spend the additional 6 nights in Argentina. Whilst I'm sure BA is a wonderful and interesting place (I've never been before), I'm looking at what else to do in Argentina with my additional 6 nights. I admit I haven't done a lot of research todate, but I was hoping you all can give me some pointers so I can do further research.

My ideas so far:
1) Fly to Iguazu falls - is one night enough? or should I spent 2 nights?
2) Visit Mendoza - apart from Wine, is that anything I should be looking at?
3) Visit Patagonia - is this a good time to go?
4) Give up on all my own planning and travelling (which I always prefer with months of forward planning), and just book a 6 night tour from BA? if so, suggestions of a possible itinerary would be appreciated.

Anyway, your input / suggestions will be much apprecaited.

thanks