FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines e-Ticketing faulty.....
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:32 am
chowinlondon

I am sorry David.Chai for your experience. I concur that their staff seems incapable to understand problems. And when they can't understand problems, regrettably they are unable to solve anything.

Sadly that is the prevailing culture of how Malaysian companies that I dealt with deal with their customers. Putting people on hold, preventing people from speaking to their managers when things do not go well. Maybe they love to dwell in their security of 'hiding behind phones' and there is no need to face a disgruntled customer.

My current experience is that I wanted to do a one-way flight with stopover in KUL. As the flight was fully flexible and changes are FOC, I was advised by their staff to just book it online (as it will be cheaper), and then phone up to make the changes, and all I need in the end is to pay for the additional KUL tax.

Called their number on +60378433000, passed from department to department. Terrible thing is you can explain what you want to an agent, and when they say "hold on sir", you expect they are doing some computing work to get my request done. NO. They put you on hold, and then someone new picks up the phone, with no idea about my prior request, hence I had to re-explain.

It was not until my 6th 'transfer' that I got fed up and raised my voice slightly with the agent, informing her that I am not happy and I demand her that I am NOT to be put on hold and NOT to be passed around without my consent. This lady finally managed to get everything done (I hope), asked for my credit card details for the further KUL airport tax payment, and then said everything will be done in 48hours. Well maybe it's a bit too early yet, but more than 24hours have passed and my credit card balance has not dropped - means no pre-authorization has occured. I suspect I will have to call up again later. That is how low my confidence is of their service attitude that I am already pre-empting the outcome.

Buck up Malaysia Airlines! Everytime when I hear the 'Malaysia Airlines is voted the Best Cabin Crew for 4 consecutive years' on the 'on-hold' music, my reaction is "are you aware that your ground staff is your liability?"

My booking reference is L4F8Y if any helpful MAS souls will contact my number (which is recorded in the PNR) to solve my problem.

Last edited by chowinlondon; Jan 27, 2010 at 1:24 pm Reason: Wrong number quoted