FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cute Children Quotes
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 am
Eclipsepearl

Programs: United Plus
One kid turns to his dad and says "I know why they have two pilots to drive the plane". The dad then asks why. "Because if one of them falls asleep, there still someone left to drive the plane". Dad looked real reassured.

There was another dad on another flight, flying alone with his two kids. On landing, the boy threw up. I ran and got some stuff to clean it up and the little girl kept saying "ewwww!" So wanting to redirect her attention, I asked her to stand at the door (only one row away) and "help" me say good bye to the passengers.

So everyone passes the area and makes a face as they get off. This is her version of saying good bye;
"That wasn't me! It was my big brother Bobby. Yes, Bobby threw up. It smells bad. It wasn't me, it was Bobby, because Bobby's STUPID!" The entire right side of the economy section was treated to her non-stop tirade in addition to the odor.

Packing for California last summer, my daughter wants to take her rain gear. I explained that it doesn't rain in California in summer and we don't need it, etc. (you can see where this is going...) This was hard for her to believe both because she lives in Europe and has been to California a lot in winter, when it does rain.

Soon after take-off, turns out we have to stop for a medical emergency in Iceland. As you can guess, as we're waiting on the tarmac, it starts to rain. I tried to explain what was happening but she just wasn't "getting" it (much to her brother and sister's amusement).

"But Mommy, you told me not to bring my umbrella and raincoat. What am I going to do? I'm going to get wet..." then she sighs "How are Grandma and Grandpa going to find us here??"

She finally figured it out when the plane (finally) took off and flew another 9 hours...