Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver Elite
Cute Children Quotes

From my 3YO:

me: "What's your favorite airplane"
3YO: "747"
me: "Why"
3YO: "Because it has an upstairs and a downstairs"

We flew SFO-HKG over xmas on the upper deck of the 747.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:36 pm

Try 380 then ;-)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
me: are we there yet?
4yo: no.
4yo: no.
4yo: we'll get there when we get there!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:30 pm

The other day when we were driving on the freeway someone had left a bag of some sort on the road and my 5 year old remarked, "mommy, somebody left their carry-on on the side of the road."

It made me think maybe she flies too much.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:54 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Walking in between hoards of people at CGD, loudly from 4 year old: "Where is the lounge?"

First question asked when talking about travelling:
- Does the aircraft have TVs?
- Can you lay the chairs flat?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: United Plus
One kid turns to his dad and says "I know why they have two pilots to drive the plane". The dad then asks why. "Because if one of them falls asleep, there still someone left to drive the plane". Dad looked real reassured.

There was another dad on another flight, flying alone with his two kids. On landing, the boy threw up. I ran and got some stuff to clean it up and the little girl kept saying "ewwww!" So wanting to redirect her attention, I asked her to stand at the door (only one row away) and "help" me say good bye to the passengers.

So everyone passes the area and makes a face as they get off. This is her version of saying good bye;
"That wasn't me! It was my big brother Bobby. Yes, Bobby threw up. It smells bad. It wasn't me, it was Bobby, because Bobby's STUPID!" The entire right side of the economy section was treated to her non-stop tirade in addition to the odor.

Packing for California last summer, my daughter wants to take her rain gear. I explained that it doesn't rain in California in summer and we don't need it, etc. (you can see where this is going...) This was hard for her to believe both because she lives in Europe and has been to California a lot in winter, when it does rain.

Soon after take-off, turns out we have to stop for a medical emergency in Iceland. As you can guess, as we're waiting on the tarmac, it starts to rain. I tried to explain what was happening but she just wasn't "getting" it (much to her brother and sister's amusement).

"But Mommy, you told me not to bring my umbrella and raincoat. What am I going to do? I'm going to get wet..." then she sighs "How are Grandma and Grandpa going to find us here??"

She finally figured it out when the plane (finally) took off and flew another 9 hours...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
My five year old girl:

"Daddy, why do you have skin on top of your head"
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Mine only says "Goo" - of course, he says it cuter than any other baby...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
3 year old has made 4 ORD-ICN roundtrips, always on KE. Somehow we've always referred to the KE flight attendants as "The Nice Ladies." Those who've flown KE know how the cabin crew goes out of its way to be nice to kids, so he has developed an affinity. He recognizes their uniforms and will point them out in the terminals (he also recognizes KE's livery and points out their planes).

Anyway, between trips 3 and 4 on KE, we flew UA to Denver, his first non-KE flight. We get on the plane, get settled in our seats and one of the UA flight attendants walks past.

My son (sounding disappointed): "These aren't The Nice Ladies."
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
My 5yo niece was over the other day, pushing my 2 yo daughter around the house in a doll stroller. Anyway, niece says she's the pilot of a plane and that they're "flighting" over the ocean to Hawaii right now.

My 4 yo daughter wants desperately to "fly to the New York" with me on a business trip one of these days.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Talking

I have a rescue retired racing Greyhound. When my 3 year old nephew saw him, he asked "Can I pet the pony"
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
From ages 2-4 my, now 18 year old would proclaim a little too loudly "We're goin down!" during decent.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Sprite
From ages 2-4 my, now 18 year old would proclaim a little too loudly "We're goin down!" during decent.
As a father of two, this one made me laugh. I can imagine the look on other's faces when they heard that.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
My youngest (5 y/o now) used to clap every time we landed. It was fun to see some folks around us join at times.

I always wondered what others were thinking, but thought it too funny myself.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:23 pm

'Why don't we ever get to use the life vest?'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.