Old Jan 22, 10, 12:17 am
sergeic

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Completely nice stay (at the suite) at dongguan!

My girlfriend and her girlfriend went to this hotel just to chill for the weekend and I booked a suite for them. here is what she says.

They had transportation from Hong Kong directly to the hotel arranged by the hotel at around $250 HKD per trip. It was quite cheap and they pick you up at a good location by Causeway Bay at around 10am. It was a big plus because to get there yourself otherwise would be such a pain in the butt.

There is this staff from the hotel on the bus that was doing check in so we were IDed to be the suite guest and they gave us the room key on the bus ride to the hotel already, it was very smooth and efficient and there was no waste of time. The ride was smooth and it was a short sweet ride around 2 hours or so.

It turns out that the staff who came to Hong Kong from the bus to pick us up is the GM of the place and he changed into suit and I almost couldn't recognize him at all. He was really nice and friendly and we had a few chat here and there.

The hotel is big and the thing is, we love our suite so much that we didn't make it outside, not even to the spa building and the swimming pool -- okay we took a few pictures there but that's all.

The room was BIG. Our room has a living room that we didn't use at all because we were spending so much time at the balcony. The couch and the chairs were so comfy just like home and we were literally there for at least 7 hours. It was semi- outdoor like you are inside the building without the glass window, and the suite was facing a big lake. So that adds some point to it too.

We ordered room service and the chicken wings were to tiny and 6 of them doesn't really make a plate, that's something that i think they should work on but hey at least we got a cosmo and we got drunk with those instead

The room have 2 bath tubs which we were completely in love and I am sure you probably haven't seen things like that before. They have a regular bath tub that comes with the scrub which i appreciate very much. They also have this japanese looking semi-outdoor tub that is facing the lake as well. The tub was square shape and it was big, you could fit 2-3 people in there. It was really relaxing and they have some really "zen" feeling surrounding the tub and a Buddha. I love that a lot.

We dine at the chinese restaurant there for all meals and the food was so great. The price is not cheap but it is not ridiculous at all. They have some home made style herbal soups that we love very much and everything was just so great, i would love to try ALL of their dishes if i could. We both love it!

The manager was kind enough to order magazines for us from the city when my girlfriend was asking them for some Elle and any other magazine and they sent someone outside the city and get some for us, a big pls!

We went to the club level and got our breakfast there, i can't remember much but the good was great as far as i could remember.

The swimming pool outdoor was exactly what the picture of the website capture. It is an infinity pool and it looks like you are seriously swimming into the lake, it was so cool! there were some local people boating a small boat and catching fish too, i love this homey village feeling and it feels so cozy and i got to experience that refreshment without being in danger myself.

I seriously would love to go back again for a short trip, everything was remarkable, maybe except the chicken wings but that doesn't take away any point

Great for romantic getaway and a relax weekend. You could go outside of the hotel if you want to explore but the hotel really got everything you need to relax. I was told that you could take a boat ride or ride bike by the lake but we didn't bother. They have security guards guarding the place big time.