FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enforcement of Boarding Order: consolidated thread
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:27 am
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SWABrian
Keep in mind that the boarding procedure was never designed to board A-16, A-17, A-18 etc in exact order. We should be boarding A-16 through A-20, then A-21 through A-25 etc. That should be enforced, but not the exact number.
Numerical order is not rocket science, and Southwest provides the ability to line up relatively precisely. Taking group A16-A20, the person holding A16 should be at the front post of the group and the person holding A20 should be at the back post of the group. A18 should be in the middle ... A17 should be right behind A16 and A19 should be right in front of A20.

When I hold boarding pass A16 I expect to be the first non-BS passenger in general boarding aboard that plane. If you're telling me it is perfectly acceptable for A17, A18, A19, and A20 to board in front of me, I have a BIG problem with that.

I suggested this before and others have made similar suggestions, you just need to put numbered pucks on the floor in numerical order, they can be slightly staggered to assure enough room for folks to stand on their pucks.

Numerical order is numerical order, why are you trying to make it more complicated than it is.