FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Premium Experience LAX-NRT
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:20 pm
JSlo

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by FLYWORLDNOW
Hello - if you think you'll have a Premium experience on UA LAX-NRT, you are sadly wrong. The upgraded UA Business Class seats are nice. However, the overall service is severely downgraded due to budget cuts. UA is desperate and continues to provide a seriously inferior Business Class product. When it comes to Cabin Attendants, you also will not be happy at UA. Their Attendants get their schedules based on Seniority. Most of the Attendants on UA TPAC are very senior and many are very overweight. Their focus on the customer is only during the meal services. Otherwise, their focus is on their crew rest and on reading magazines. Asiana, Korean, Thai, Singapore, ANA, and JAL are much better options than any US carrier.
Only agree about 30% on the soft product. The hard product is what makes it worthwhile. FWIW, my last few transpacs on UA were not disappointing in the least. I am also a Delta PM and just can't bring myself to not lay flat in C on UA, even if the softproduct on UA gets a B-. I don't really like the FA's bothering me anyway. Serve the food, pour the drinks, take my silverware and plates, and then it's nighty night in the lie flat. Wake me up for breakfast. No problem on UA. ^

The problem is everyone is figuring this out and the C/J availability for UG's is far more scarce, and for ticket prices is up and away.