FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:59 pm
tkyoshi

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by CTFlyer
Lately when I travel with the family, we'll get two attached rooms, one for my wife and me and one for our young kids. My question: if we do this, and stay two nights at (say) a Sheraton or Westin during a weekend family getaway -- does that earn me only 1 stay and 2 nights, or 2 stays and 4 nights, toward elite status?

I've read the terms and conditions, which do not seem to shed any light on this question. I'm also aware that there may be specific limitations with regard to promotions (e.g., so that in the above it might only count as 1 stay and 2 nights for purposes of the "More Nights = More Rewards" Promo, even if the treatment is different for other purposes). I am specifically interested here solely in whether the "additional" stay and the "additional" nights (for the second room) count towards the 10/25 stay and 25/50 night thresholds for Gold and Platinum SPG status.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Hey,

You can earn points for up to 3 additional rooms, however for stay/night credit purposes only the first room will count. So you will recieve points for both rooms and only 2 Night/1 Stay credit.

5.5. If you are a registered guest, you may receive Starpoints for Eligible Charges incurred and paid by you for up to three rooms during the same stay (your room plus two others) if all such rooms are registered in your name, you stay in one of the rooms, and you personally settle all room charges upon check-out. Multiple rooms on the same stay count as only one Eligible Stay or Eligible Night towards elite levels of Membership and for threshold bonuses and promotions.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...spg_terms.html