FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Would Be a Prime Location for a World Club
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:45 pm
pmaddock

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I had hoped that DL and CO would strike a local deal to allow SC members into the PC. Obviously that is not going to happen. I agree, DL/NW has a big presence in LAS that could support a club.
Well please remember that CO and DL are essentially divorcees - not much interest in mutual cooperation is going to be there. The sole reason they opened the window for extended club access was to try to poach customers from one another.

That said - I too am very sad to lose a club at LAS. Its even sadder considering we just got this club not all that long ago.

Overall the location loss to the SC system from CO has been devastating (DEN, LAS, IAH, AUS, SAT to name a few) and DL hasn't been helping (lost IAD last year, losing PHL this year although that may be temporary and that's on top of the 2007-08 closures). If they are serious about a club that charges membership they need to make up for all these losses with some re-opening or new locations.