FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Area, Where to Stay with a cost adverse grandmother?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:42 pm
Triley

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
NYC Area, Where to Stay with a cost adverse grandmother?

Before I am I referred to the Master Thread, I need to clarify my searches. I'm going to be using my AGR points to get a train from BOS to NYP (or NWK, if case may be), and take my grandmother along with me for her birthday. She would kill me for spending the $200+ a night for the properties that I would rather stay at, so I'm looking for some good alternatives.

So far I have come across the Four Points Midtown, or Sheraton Lincoln Harbor. The dates will be from March 26th to the 28th. I've come across a rate of $195 for the first night, and $97 for the second night, at the Four Points, using the ZBT rate code. At the Sheraton, I pulled a rate of $126.65 with the AAA discount (was preferring to pay the extra $10 a night to keep the rate from not being pre-paid, in case of bad weather, and the trip being postponed.)

We won't mind staying over in NJ if it will be worth it cost and comfort, as long as it is easy to connect to NYC using rail, within a distance of say, 20 minutes or so.

Any better suggestions?