FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Old 763's on YVR-HNL route
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:04 pm
SensFan

I think I was on the same flight as Commie to HNL (unless the doors are falling off every night ). I was sitting in row 2 but I am not an AC employee and I booked that seat months ago so I didn't steal it from you.

The door coming off of the lav was by far the most entertaining part of the flight. The FA said that the doors are designed to come off though in case someone in a wheelchair needs to use it. So just be gentle if you are on one of these planes.

I would suggest avoiding row 1 and row 2 in the middle aisle. The reason for avoiding row 1 is that the row 2 reading light will be in your face if they turn it in. Row 2 is the real one to avoid though. The projector shakes and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come apart (on my return it was much sturdier so it might just be on one fin).

The best seats would be 1AC and 1HK. The rest of the seats are really tight, I would rather be in an E+ exit row than in those things.

On the return they had a movie from 2009 (The Informant) so they must have dug up a VHS copy of that somewhere. The second feature was Working Girl - a great movie for the kiddies.

The crews for both of my flights were excellent. On the return it seemed as though the whole crew was working the front cabin because they all seemed to be there the whole time (probably making sure that the lav door stayed on). The return was on a different fin though because on that plane the reading lights weren't working so they kept the cabin lights on the whole flight which was a bit annoying.

If anyone saw some weirdo hauling pineapples back today between Honolulu and Ottawa that would have been me .

One last thing, I was disappointed in it being on this junker. I booked this flight back in February and was expecting to be on a 330 (I forget if this was before they started to XM them but it would still have been a better plane than what is being used). I learned of the change a few months ago and figured I would survive but if I go next year I may have to look into other options (or just another destination - three pineapples is pretty heavy to lug around airports all day...)