FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:15 pm
Hatusu

Programs: ICHG Ambassador, Qantas FF Gold, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by cbrendan
Hey guys,

I was considering a leisure trip to Adelaide in mid Jan and called the hotel re upgrade policy for RA's.

I spoke to a lady at the front desk who told me that upgrades where only available to the lowest suite level (club intercontinental suite), and that to receive a category higher than this would require booking the specific suite required. So basically one level upgrade up to suite level, then no upgrade at all.

I of course questioned this and was assured this was the official hotel policy. So i followed up this phone call with a quick email to ambassador services outlining the situation.

This is the response i received:

Pm me for the staff members name if required, but hopefully this info alone can help future travellers. ^

Having only been RA for a few short months, my experience has been limited, but after receiving a 4 level + upgrade on two occasions at the Melbourne Intercontinental this upgrade policy does seem rather poor.

I am staying at the IC Adelaide late January, but am not an RA, just an Ambassador. I wonder whether we will receive an upgrade at all. Their policy does seem rather poor.

Your experience at the IC in Melbourne sounds great and I have been considering whether to stay here. I might look into this further.