FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:41 am
cbrendan

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Hey guys,

I was considering a leisure trip to Adelaide in mid Jan and called the hotel re upgrade policy for RA's.

I spoke to a lady at the front desk who told me that upgrades where only available to the lowest suite level (club intercontinental suite), and that to receive a category higher than this would require booking the specific suite required. So basically one level upgrade up to suite level, then no upgrade at all.

I of course questioned this and was assured this was the official hotel policy. So i followed up this phone call with a quick email to ambassador services outlining the situation.

This is the response i received:

Dear Mr cbrendan

Thank you for your email. Please accept my apologies for the confusion you have experienced when enquiring about the upgrade policy for Royal Ambassador Members at Intercontinental Adelaide. I am pleased to clarify that the following suite upgrades apply to Royal Ambassador Members:

Room Type Booked -> Royal Ambassador Upgrade
King Club Intercontinental -> King Club Intercontinental Suite
King Club Intercontinental Suite -> King Executive Suite
King Executive Suite -> King Diplomatic Suite
King Diplomatic Suite -> Presidential Suite

Mr cbrendan, I would be more than happy to assist with your reservation, so please do not hesitate to email me directly with your requirements and I will confirm your reservation back to you.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to Intercontinental Adelaide.

Kind Regards

<name removed>
Pm me for the staff members name if required, but hopefully this info alone can help future travellers. ^

Having only been RA for a few short months, my experience has been limited, but after receiving a 4 level + upgrade on two occasions at the Melbourne Intercontinental this upgrade policy does seem rather poor.