FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAirways MasterCard problems
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:27 pm
Saulinpa

Unhappy USAirways MasterCard problems

Has anyone had problems using their card internationally?

I just the the Barklays Premier World card last month but only used it domestically. I just purchased two EasyJet tickets online as part of an upcoming trip (FCO-ATH) because it was the best deal. That order goes through but I then get an email from "US Airways MasterCard <[email protected]>" saying a possible fraud alert and "For your protection, transactions on your account may be limited until we are able to speak with you."

It had a case number and 800 number to call 24x7. I did that and the recording said that it did not recognize the case number and put me on hold. 30 seconds later I get the recording that I need to call back during business hours.

Well, since no one is answering I go to their website. It says that there is an alert and asks me to review it. I say OK and then the web site errors out. I tried it on Firefox, IE, and Safari - all the same error.

What kind of a small time outfit is Barklays Bank? Is this to be expected of the card? I already thought that it was strange that they hid their name as much as possible.