FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:05 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Any experiences using one of these with a conference rate? I think the T&Cs suggest that wouldn't work, but GH Singapore let me do this on a highly discounted group rate.

I have a reservation for GH Kauai for next week, initially booked at my corporate rate and confirmed in a suite. I called in to GP to ask if there was a group rate for my conference a few months ago, and the agent found one and changed the reservation assuring me the suite upgrade would stay. Now I look at the reservation and the upgrade is gone. I don't really care in the end, but I hate getting inconsistent information like this.

Edited to add:
Wow, what service from GP. I just called to explain the situation and inquire and after a few minutes on hold we are back in a suite. What a deal, we are in a suite for an entire week on a $210 rate at the GH Kauai! GH Singapore rate was even less than that and we also spent a week there. I have to say that this benefit is almost perfectly tailored for me and really is a huge increase in value of the GP program.

Last edited by stephem; Dec 31, 2009 at 10:21 am