FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Travel Advisory: New U.S. security procedures
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:56 am
cheeser

New 'emergency security measures' in place at Canadian airports
http://www.canada.com/news/Emergency...565/story.html

"These new measures will affect all flights from Canada to the United States and include not only screening at the security checkpoint but also searches at the boarding gate," spokeswoman Suzanne Perseo told Canwest News Service. "This includes 100 per cent physical search of person and 100 per cent physical search of carry-on baggage and personal items."
What I want to know is what this 100% physical search means.......

TSA ... Spokesman Greg Soule said he could not confirm specifics on any new security procedures on U.S. domestic or international fights, only saying that "passengers might notice enhanced screening measures put into place."
Man, if I'm being forced to sit in a seat for the last 60 minutes of the flight, I'd think I'd notice those new measure.

This is going to be utter chaos at the airports. Forcing people to do secondary searches would mean that there would have to be double the CATSA staff at U.S. security to simply staff the gates. Are they even prepared with enough people to do it? And this is a holiday, too.

Good luck and god speed to anyone travelling today. (Though, I'd like to see if they've even implemented these measures at the gates/airports)