FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OJgate: Asking For Orange Juice May Violate Federal Law / AA Investigating FA Helen
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:06 pm
NYC96

Originally Posted by flymeAAway
As Some FA's, just like any employees have bad days. However, if I offend my receptionist at the office- I do not get a federal warning, we just fix it. Not so in the air..….
Try fixing a sexual harrassment LAWSUIT.

Originally Posted by flymeAAway
Last week I overhead the #2 FA tell a passenger to “tell Obama you will call him back” rather than tell him to turn the his phone off- as the door was already closed. His response was “pardon me, I do not understand.” She repeated herself and said “you know what I meant, tell Obama you will call him back. His response was "what does Obama have anything to do with anything with this," she said "don’t get smart with me, just turn it off. This continued and later she was in the galley telling the #1 FA the guy was being rude and if she had any more problems they will have to pull him off.
….
That passenger IGNORED the several announcements that F/A's know they have to make to get everyone to turn off those devices. Apparently, not everyone knows how to turn off their devices because they continue to talk or text through the emerg. announcements/videos, as the planes taxi's out for departure and I've watched passenger's answer their phones as the planes rolls down the runway. On approach, I've watched someone answer their phone at 10 thousand feet. Even worse, you get them to turn it off only to watch them turn it back on as you walk away. In other words, it's a frustrating FAA REGULATION that alot of passengers DO NOT want to follow. Yet, the F/A is responsible for following those required FAA REGULATIONS.
One would hope that being nice would work in today's world. That's met with a wave of the hand, or simply being ignored. In some cases, you literally have to stand there and REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.....please turn off your device NOW.