FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii - Island to Island travel..
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:58 am
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The simple truth is that you have been fortunate in your experiences with go! Long-time members of this board and readers of this forum know that your experiences are anomalous.

Originally Posted by Coconut Travel Hawaii
...Go! is flexible & customer-friendly.
Let's grant for a moment that your unusual experience with go! continues.

I would submit that sometimes it's not about the money or about my convenience but about what is right, and just, and pono. go!/Mesa came into Hawai`i with the avowed intent of running Aloha out of business, used proprietary information from another carrier that it had obtained under false pretenses (this is not an opinion, this is fact: an $80 million judgment was rendered against go! for this), and is one in the latest series of mainland carpetbagging companies to come to Hawai`i managing to destroy a proud locally-owned business that was truly ohana for many.

So, again, to the op: please e komo mai (welcome), enjoy Hawai`i, and congratulations on your wedding -- please fly whomever you wish. But keep in mind that you will be assisting justice and what is right by not flying go!, and you can join many, many of us who will pay more and wait longer for a Hawaiian or Island Air or Pacific Wings flight than fly go!

Originally Posted by Coconut Travel Hawaii
...Then came Go! and drove Aloha out of business. So many local residents are still upset and emotional about Go! It's understandable.
Indeed it is, indeed it is.