FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - best luxury hotel in Singapore and Hong Kong
Old Dec 12, 2009, 6:14 pm
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Hey first post here!

4S in Singapore is dull beyond belief. Bar is non-existent and the restaurant is average at best. The restaurant is not the worst I’ve tried at a 4S, but second worst. (Worst, by far, is 4S Palo Alto.)

Raffles is a tourist infested carnival. And the employees are MEAN. The pool is cool and the location good. The history is very interesting.

I'll be trying the St Regis next time. Leaving for HK tomorrow. I’ll report on the Pen when I return.
Hi Mike, welcome to FT! I live near the FS East Palo Alto (never confuse East Palo Alto with Palo Alto!) and, while you might not believe it, the restaurant at this hotel is actually improved over a year or two ago.

I agree that the employees at Raffles Singapore are mean-spirited, I can't imagine staying there. I have had service problems with the 4S Singapore but that was quite a while ago, maybe it's improved since then. I did like the passageway connection through the Hilton to Orchard Road.