FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please bring back the SQ call centre in Singapore!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:53 pm
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I can understand the frustration as I have been a "victim" as well.

I called to enquire if I can be placed on waiting list for return leg of my flight (SIN-NRT-SIN) on "E" booking class. The Indian lady on the line told me that it is not problem and she is able to do that. I just casually asked her for the fare, since I am aware that the online fare and offline fare is the same, just that I have to pay service fee for booking offline. I had a shock when she quoted me a published fare which is far more than the Business Class fare which SQ is offering now.

I asked her for the discrepancy in the fare she quoted and that the fare online. She replied that online and offline fare are different. Fair enough, but how come Economy fare is more expensive than Business Class fare, she is not able to answer and put me on hold for a long while. Finally when she comes back on line, she said that this is the published rate which system is displaying. Once I am ready to purchase the ticket when my waitlist has cleared, I will be able to get the online fare.

After this incident, I decided to take my business elsewhere if I can take other airlines.