FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL Prem Econ - NRT-LAX
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:46 pm
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
JAL Prem Econ - NRT-LAX

OK

Well here is my return trip - I was lucky enough to get upgraded to Business class on the way out but remained in PE for the way home.

I was given access to the JAL First lounge on account of my BA Gold card. I think this is a lovely lounge - all the facilities you would require, nice champagne and some great food. It was pretty quiet when I was in there but got busier as the afternoon got later.

Got the train tot he satellite terminal where our aircraft was on stand. I arrived just as they started to move people into the correct lines. Boarding was pretty swift and I was soon sat in my PE seat - 19A. First impressions were good. It was comfy, leg room as expected and overall a very nice cabin. (sorry I dont have many photos but I fell out with my camera on this flight!!!

The legroom was good - this photo is not the greatest as I have shoved a lot of stuff in the seat pocket.

PE was not too busy and my seatmate moved across the aisle so i had a set of 2 seats to myself ^

We were soon airborne and I was surprised that there was no drinks service before the meal service. They came round with the meal about an hour after take off.

The nice touch in JAL PE is they serve champagne so I had a little bottle of Piper Heidsek to myself. I went for the hamburger steak with fried rice. It was a bit of a strange combination and not the best meal I have ever had, but not the worst by a long way

After dinner I settled down to watch a couple of films on the JAl entertainment MAGIC III suite. It was very good, no lock ups and had a good choice of movies.

I declined breakfast as I had eaten enough on my holiday .

Overall I would say the seat is good, the product is trying to be more lower business class than upper economy with the champagne, nice headsets and the lounge access. It was a good product and JAL are trying hard.

The flight did reinforce my opinion that JAL are a great airline to fly with and I would certainly not hesitate to fly with them again in the future.

I apologise for the apparent quality of the the photos - they have not come out very well on this website but if anyone wants a copy then please PM me and I will send one - if you can state the specific picture that would be helpful!

AKS120

Last edited by aks120; Nov 21, 2009 at 9:49 pm