Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Prem Econ - NRT-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
JAL Prem Econ - NRT-LAX

OK

Well here is my return trip - I was lucky enough to get upgraded to Business class on the way out but remained in PE for the way home.

I was given access to the JAL First lounge on account of my BA Gold card. I think this is a lovely lounge - all the facilities you would require, nice champagne and some great food. It was pretty quiet when I was in there but got busier as the afternoon got later.

Got the train tot he satellite terminal where our aircraft was on stand. I arrived just as they started to move people into the correct lines. Boarding was pretty swift and I was soon sat in my PE seat - 19A. First impressions were good. It was comfy, leg room as expected and overall a very nice cabin. (sorry I dont have many photos but I fell out with my camera on this flight!!!

The legroom was good - this photo is not the greatest as I have shoved a lot of stuff in the seat pocket.

PE was not too busy and my seatmate moved across the aisle so i had a set of 2 seats to myself ^

We were soon airborne and I was surprised that there was no drinks service before the meal service. They came round with the meal about an hour after take off.

The nice touch in JAL PE is they serve champagne so I had a little bottle of Piper Heidsek to myself. I went for the hamburger steak with fried rice. It was a bit of a strange combination and not the best meal I have ever had, but not the worst by a long way

After dinner I settled down to watch a couple of films on the JAl entertainment MAGIC III suite. It was very good, no lock ups and had a good choice of movies.

I declined breakfast as I had eaten enough on my holiday .

Overall I would say the seat is good, the product is trying to be more lower business class than upper economy with the champagne, nice headsets and the lounge access. It was a good product and JAL are trying hard.

The flight did reinforce my opinion that JAL are a great airline to fly with and I would certainly not hesitate to fly with them again in the future.

I apologise for the apparent quality of the the photos - they have not come out very well on this website but if anyone wants a copy then please PM me and I will send one - if you can state the specific picture that would be helpful!

AKS120

Last edited by aks120; Nov 21, 2009 at 9:49 pm
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the report and pics. I have 19c in a few weeks.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 5:24 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by aks120
We were soon airborne and I was surprised that there was no drinks service before the meal service. They came round with the meal about an hour after take off.
JAL started doing this a few months ago. They claim this is requested by passengers as they want to finish meal service earlier so they can relax and have more time to do whatever they want. But I call this cost saving
Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL started doing this a few months ago. They claim this is requested by passengers as they want to finish meal service earlier so they can relax and have more time to do whatever they want. But I call this cost saving
It was a little strange. I like it when a crew breaks up the drinks service on a long flight as it makes it go a bit quicker - I was looking forward to a glass of champagne before dinner not with it.

AKS120
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by aks120
It was a little strange. I like it when a crew breaks up the drinks service on a long flight as it makes it go a bit quicker - I was looking forward to a glass of champagne before dinner not with it.

AKS120
You can just press the call button and request for one before they started the meal service Yes I want the drink service back too. Even on short flights. Not to mention now you have to request for the rice crackers instead of having them offered you one. Think about how many people who don't even know there are rice crackers and the money they can save with this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.